Monday 20 July 2009

How can i limit the number of reshares of my card ?

To limit the number of reshares we must add extra config to the F: line,

This is the basic F line, it is enough to get started but will allow to reshare your card up to 8 other connections !!
Quote:
F: user1 pass
So to limit the reshares we must put a number in place of the reshare text!!

F: { ::<reshare> }

Example:
Quote:
F: user1 pass 3 0 0 { 0:0:1 }
with this line i allow my card and my shares up to 3 hops away from me to be given to my Friend and he cannot reshare them !!



Some times you find people with a Linux server and in this case it is not suitable for them to give them 1 Up Hop only, as when they connect their box to their Linux server your shares are stopped at the Linux server and they will not see any of your cards on the box!!
So in this case you must at least give them 2 up hops like this:
Quote:
F: user1 pass 3 0 0 { 0:0:2 }

1 comment: